America's Boating Club History
- Organized in 1914, America's Boating Club is a non profit, educational organization dedicated to making boating safer and more enjoyable by teaching classes in seamanship, navigation and related subjects. Our members are boating families who contribute to their communities by promoting safe boating through education. We enjoy participating with our fellow members on the water and in the classroom. America's Boating Club (ABC) has some 60,000 members organized into 450 squadrons across the country and in some US territories. ABC is America's largest non-profit boating organization and has been honored by three US presidents for its civic contributions.
- Each squadron's activities involve the three primary objectives of ABC: community service, continuing education, and enjoying the friendship and camaraderie of our fellow members
- Local squadrons offer boating safety courses on a regular basis to boaters in our communities. These courses are open to the public and there is no age limit for participants. ABC Squadrons have offered these courses for over half a century and have educated more than 3 million boaters to date. Successfully completing an ABC boating safety course meets the educational requirements for boat operation in all states and is a requirement for squadron membership.
- In a cooperative program with the US Coast Guard Auxiliary, Squadron members conduct courtesy Vessel Safety Checks of boats at the request of their owners. To learn more about this program, and how to get your boat checked, Click Here.
- Our members also help the National Ocean Service keep our nautical charts accurate by reporting chart corrections, and our local squadrons participate in many other community improvement projects.
- Every squadron offers many carefully planned courses in subjects like Seamanship, Piloting, Plotting and Position Finding, Celestial Navigation, Cruise Planning, Engine Maintenance, Marine Electronics, Sailing, and much more. These courses are taught by experienced member instructors, and members who complete them are recognized.
- Participating both on-the-water and off with fellow members who are skilled in boating is a rewarding and enjoyable experience. On-the-water activities include cruises, rendezvous, sail races, navigation contests and even fishing derbies. Activities ashore include meetings with marine programs, parties, dinner-dances, picnics and field trips.
Upcoming Events and Educational Opportunities:
October Membership Meeting - October 27 - Fall Cruise to Bledsoe Creek. Will raft up at Bledsoe Creek. Boats leaving from Gallatin Marina and LaGuardo at 2:00 P.M. Contact Randy Stone at firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange Gallatin Marina pickup or Bobby Naylor at email@example.com for LaGuardo pick up location.
November Membership Meeting - November 11 - Meeting at the Corner Pub in Mt. Juliet, TN starting at 18:00 hrs with social time. Presentation to start at 18:30 hrs. Presentiation will be Marine Electronics by West Marine.
December Christmas Party - December 8 at Bobby and Sharon Home. More details comming soon.
UPCOMING EDUCATIONAL OPPORTUNITIES -
America's Boating Class (ABC) - The class will be taught in two session starting on the second and ending on thea fourth Saturday of October 2019, November 2019 and January 2020. More details can be found on the followiing Link: ABC Class Schedule
Contact Randy Stone for additional educationational opportunites at firstname.lastname@example.org.
ELECTRICAL SHOCK DROWNING (ESD) BY DIY AC SAFETY TEST FOR BOAT AND DOCK OWNERS. All boat and dock owners must check your AC electrical system for stray current that could cause electrical shock and potential death to swimmers. It could save a life.
SPRING BOATING CHECK LIST - PLEASE REVIEW THIS CHECK LIST AS YOU PREPARE FOR YOUR FIRST LAUNCH.
VESSEL SAFETY CHECKS - Americas Boating Club's Vessel Safety Inspectors are eager to inspect your boat anytime during the 2019 boating season for FREE. Please request Vessel Safety Inspections via our online request in the Vessel Safety Check tab. A Vessel Safety Inspector will contact you shortly after your request is recieved.
2019 Bridge Leadership
Cdr Ray Alley, AP-IN
Squadron Education Officer -
Lt/C Randy Stone, P
Assistant Education Officer -
1st Lt Art Chapman, P
Lt/C Barry Cleveland, AP
Lt/C Bobby Naylor, AP
1/Lt Jane Malatak, P
1/Lt Jack Rubey, S