America's Boating Club Music City Squadron provides courses and seminars as a public service to promote safe boating.
- One of the most popular and useful classes is called America's Boating Course a course for all boaters, whether a hunter or fisherman, power boat operator, a jet-skier, or sailer.
- All boaters must follow the same nautical rules, regulations, and courtesies of the sea. All are subject to the same forces of nature while boating. Does your state have boater education laws?
- As boating is often a family activity, the course is of value to all members of a boating family. Our Squadron encourages families to attend as groups.
- We believe that the more educated a boater becomes, the more likely that boater will be a safe boater. America's Boating Course is the beginning of boating education.
- This course meets the educational standards of the National Association of State Boating Law Administrators and includes a proctored examination as required by many states and insurance companies. Does your state have boater education laws?
- Instruction is free but there is a nominal charge for course material. Successful completion of a course also qualifies the student to membership in any USPS Squadron within the US.
- Qualified, enthusiastic, and experienced USPS instructors provide instruction as a civic service. There is never a charge for instruction; the only costs are those for materials.
- In addition to teaching public boating courses in the Nashville area, members participate in Advanced Grades and Elective Courses for their own education.
- Click here to receive more information about the ABC Class.
- Click here for upcoming courses.
Come for the Boating Education......
.......Stay for the FriendsSM
Sorry, no events were found.
Upcoming Events and Educational Opportunities:
December 12, 2021 at 1800 hrs- Christmas Gathering - Members Only
UPCOMING EDUCATIONAL OPPORTUNITIES -
Metro Nashville Planning Department has summarized the findings from a 2021 Boater Survey for Long Range Planning Area from Jefferson Street Bridge to the I-24 Bridge between the Cumberland River and I-24 within the 2021 Metro Nashville East Bank Boater Survey Synopsis document. The link will guide you to this document that provides a summary of what is important to the local boaters, Cruising, and "Loopers".
ELECTRICAL SHOCK DROWNING (ESD) BY DIY AC SAFETY TEST FOR BOAT AND DOCK OWNERS. All boat and dock owners must check your AC electrical system for stray current that could cause electrical shock and potential death to swimmers. It could save a life.
SPRING BOATING CHECK LIST - PLEASE REVIEW THIS CHECK LIST AS YOU PREPARE FOR YOUR FIRST LAUNCH.
VESSEL SAFETY CHECKS - America's Boating Club's Vessel Safety Inspectors are eager to inspect your boat anytime during the boating season for FREE. Please request Vessel Safety Inspections via our online request in the Vessel Safety Check tab. A Vessel Safety Inspector will contact you shortly after your request is recieved.
2020 Bridge Leadership
Cmdr Bobby Naylor, AP
Ex Oficio/District 17 Commander -
Ray Alley, AP IN
Squadron Education Officer -
Lt/C Randy Stone, P
Assistant Education Officer -
1st Lt Art Chapman, P
Lt/C Barry Cleveland, AP
Lt/C Jane Malatack, AP
Education Officer -
Lt/C Randy Stone, AP
Education Officer Assistant -
Lt/C Art Chapman, AP
Lt/C Jane Malatak, P