You are sending a link to...
Commander's Messsage From Candyce Corcoran,
On February 26, 2011, The Change of Watch for The Music City Power Squadron took place at the Black Pearl Restaurant in Nashville, TN.
I was sworn in by District 17/LT/C Margaret Sherrod, and I am humbly honored to take on the role as your Commander and look forward to an exciting and fun filled year with many new activities and friendships to be formed. Although this is a new position for me within MCPS, I have had the honor to be elected Commander, twice before. The new MCPS Bridge consists of both seasoned and relatively new members to the squadron. Your new Bridge will bring a wealth of knowledge to the table. We will encourage and continue to promote safe boating and to provide a practical means to foster fraternal and social relationships through new and exciting venues.
One of my many goals is to retain and increase membership. "Membership Blitzes" will be held at local marinas in the spring and we certainly can use everyone's help. In addition, we will promote instructional programs for the benefit of new and existing members. We can only succeed as a squadron with your participation, help and ideas. I believe in an open line of communication and my email address: Aquamoon3@aol.com, as well as my home telephone number is always accessible to you, the MCPS Member.
With warm weather quickly approaching and boaters scrambling to get their boats ready, it is time to think about:
• Enjoying friendship and camaraderie on and off of -the-water with fellow members.
• On-the-water activities which will include many Cruises and Rendezvous. Activities On shore may include: Marine Programs, Parties, Dinner-Dances, Picnics and Educational Programs.
• Signing up for additional educational courses.
• I will have a MCPS Membership "Booklet" made up for all so you can contact your fellow MCPS Members.
• A MCPS Newsletter will be available and we need everyone to participate. Send your boating recipe's, your boating photos, write a story, your new children, grandchildren and fur kids. We want to know about YOU!
Don't forget to check your emails and newsletters for all upcoming events. If you have not given us an updated email address, home address or phone number, please do so. We don't want you to miss out! You can also always check out our fabulous website for updated information.
Once again, thank you for your confidence in allowing me to serve as your Commander.