For boaters, knowing the forecast isn't enough; you need to understand its impact on you and your boat. Gain the knowledge and confidence to venture out on the water. Be a responsible skipper, protect your friends and family and take this course today.
- How weather systems form, behave, and move
- Where to get weather reports and forecasts on the Internet
- Using full-color photographs and drawings to understand weather in the United States
- Using Daily Weather Maps - learning aids with a complete explanation of map symbols designed to develop weather map reading and analysis skills
- Understanding NOAA’s Sky Watcher Chart - a reference to assist in identifying cloud types
The Weather Course is designed to be conducted over ten two-hour sessions including time for review and the multiple choice closed book exam.
Cost: Non-members $114, Members $57
Register for the local course HERE
Upcoming Events and Educational Opportunities:
UPCOMING EDUCATIONAL OPPORTUNITIES -
ELECTRICAL SHOCK DROWNING (ESD) BY DIY AC SAFETY TEST FOR BOAT AND DOCK OWNERS. All boat and dock owners must check your AC electrical system for stray current that could cause electrical shock and potential death to swimmers. It could save a life.
2019 Bridge Leadership
Cdr Ray Alley, AP-IN
Squadron Education Officer -
Lt/C Randy Stone, P
Assistant Education Officer -
1st Lt Art Chapman, P
Lt/C Barry Cleveland, AP
Lt/C Bobby Naylor, AP
1/Lt Jane Malatak, P
1/Lt Jack Rubey, S